Cuminas Corporation (collectively “Cuminas” “we” or “us”) recognizes the social importance of protecting personal data and is committed to adhering to the following policy concerning the protection of the various kinds of person information entrusted to us.
Personal Data Management
Cuminas strives to protect stored personal data, and has implemented appropriate safety measures in accordance with laws, guidelines, and internal regulations so as to prevent personal data leaks, loss, or damage. Cuminas employees are trained in the correct handling of personal data, and make absolutely sure of its protection.
Acquisition and Usage Aims of Personal Data
Cuminas employs the appropriate methods when acquiring the personal data of customers. The usage aims are clearly stated when Cuminas seeks to acquire personal data that is provided by customers in writing or directly via the Web. Cuminas uses personal data within the necessary range to achieve the following usage aims:
- For providing our service
- For responding to inquiries
- For the provision of support services
- For delivery of information, etc., concerning products or services provided
- For provision or improvement of products or services used, and to develop new services
Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
Cuminas does not provide personal data to any third parties, except under the following circumstances:
- Prior approval is granted by the customer.
- Provision is made to a work contractor under the appropriate supervision of Cuminas so as to achieve the usage aims.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- When provision is necessary to the preservation of human life, physical safety, or property, and acquiring customer approval is difficult.
- When ordered by law to provide personal data by an organization of the national or local government, or an agent contracted by the national or local government.
Security Control Measures
Cuminas will implement security control measures to help prevent the disclosure, loss or destruction of personal data and ensure the safe handling of such data, and will review these security control measures as appropriate.
Securing the Accuracy of Data Contents
Cuminas will make reasonable efforts to keep personal data accurate and current within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
Disclosure of Personal Data
When a customer requests that we disclose his or her own personal data to him or her in accordance with personal information protection law, Cuminas will respond promptly.
Continuous improvements to this Personal Information Protection Policy and In-house Rules and Regulations
Revised: July 15, 2014